The Celebrating Age Festival 2017 has come to a close, as well as the Art and Craft Competition.
Calling all creative over 50’s for our Art and Craft Competition!
Submissions must not exceed 3’ x 3’ and contact details of the artist, including full name, address, email, telephone and mobile numbers must be clearly attached to the rear of the work.
Art must be dropped off by Saturday 19th of August at the Central Library. Each entry will then be displayed at the Library from Monday 21st of August onward, and the public will vote for their favourite entries.
The 3 winning entries will be taken to the launch event on Saturday 23rd September for display and prize giving.
– Please submit entries to: CAF Competition, Central Library, College Green, Bristol and include contact details.
– Put your name, address, telephone and email on the back of your submission.
– Entries should be brought to central library
– Please include a simple explanation of your work of up to 50 words.
– Entries can be in any medium.
– Competition open to entrants who are 50 plus.
– We are unable to accept entries any larger than 3ft x 3ft.
– If submitting more than one piece of work, only one prize can be awarded per artist.
– Entries will be displayed in Central Library
– Prizes will be awarded for top three entries at the Launch Event at City Hall on Saturday 23rd of September.
– Entries must be collected after the event from Central Library on from the ground floor help desk in the Lending Department.
– If you have any questions please contact email@example.com or 0117 929 7537.
– We reserve the right not to display entries which do not fit our rules for entry.
The Celebrating Age Festival is hosted by Age UK Bristol
About Age UK Bristol:
Our purpose is to improve the lives of older people in Bristol. We aim to reach older people from all cultures and backgrounds, to provide commission or support others to deliver a range of quality services and initiatives that address the issues which are important to older people in Bristol, to reduce isolation and promote an independent lifestyle for older people in Bristol, to promote a positive view of the contribution that older people make to society and to help local older people remain living in their own homes for as long as they wish to do so. We also campaign to improve services locally and work in a committed way with partner organisations.
We support the Celebrating Age Festival because it is a great opportunity to show the community what assets older people can be, it also shows younger people that growing older offers opportunities to take a full part in the community, and invites older people to join in the many activities that Bristol offers.
How You Can Support Age UK Bristol and the Festival:
There are many ways you can support us, either through donating, volunteering, campaigning or by following us on social media. We are an independent Bristol based charity which relies heavily on the goodwill of local people through volunteering and donations to continue our work.
We are always looking for people of all ages and backgrounds to help us run our services through volunteering. Our volunteers offer from just a few hours per week to one or two whole days depending on the service. Currently most of our volunteering activities take place during normal working hours. For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Giving online is one of the easiest ways to make a donation to Age UK Bristol. Virgin Money Giving is a not-for-profit fundraising website designed to make it easy for you to raise money for charity. You can create a fundraising page and start collecting sponsorship in minutes or make a one off or regular online donation. Simply visit our Virgin Money Giving site and chose from the Make a Donation or Make a Monthly Donation option. Remember, no donation is too small. Give what you can to help us improve the lives of older people in Bristol.
Use the following links to follow us on our social media!